HAMILTON COUNTY COMMISSIONER, DISTRICT ONE
- HAMILTON COUNTY COMMISSIONER, DISTRICT ONE, 2003 – PRESENT.
- MEMBER AND PAST CHAIR – THE INDIANA COMMISSION FOR WOMEN (Appointed to the Commission by the Speaker of the House Brian Bosma; appointed as Chair by former Governor Mike Pence)
- HAMILTON COUNTY REPRESENTATIVE AND IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT, CENTRAL INDIANA REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY /CIRTA – MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND TREASURER – US 31 COALITION (The Coalition comprises all counties north Indianapolis, was instrumental in securing the current improvements to US 31 and advocates to continue to improve US 31 to freeway status.)
- URBAN AREA SECURITY INITIATIVE, HOMELAND SECURITY, HAMILTON COUNTY UASI POINT OF CONTACT
- AT LARGE MEMBER OF THE HAMILTON COUNTY COUNCIL, 1996 – 2002
- ALTMAN POINDEXTER & WYATT, ATTORNEYS AT LAW, CONCENTRATING IN BUSINESS, PROBATE, REAL ESTATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW
- LEGAL COUNSEL FOR ADAMS TOWNSHIP, WAYNE TOWNSHIP, HAMILTON COUNTY VISITORS AND CONVENTION COMMISSION/HAMILTON COUNTY TOURISM
- FORMER MEMBER, PRICE WATERHOUSE & CO, HOUSTON, AUDIT DIVISION
- J. D., CUM LAUDE, 1981, A UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW INDIANA
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, WITH DISTINCTION, 1978, INDIANA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, ACCOUNTING
- FORMER PRESIDENT, DEAN, DIRECTOR, AND INITIAL STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBER OF THE HAMILTON COUNTY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY (HCLA was created by a joint effort of the Carmel and Noblesville Chambers of Commerce and the Hamilton County Purdue Extension Office. Altman, along with Nancy Blondin, Ruth Anne Nunamaker, Joanne King, served on the steering committee to form the Leadership Academy. They organized and ran the program for several years until HCLA secured funding to hire an executive director. In 1991 Altman incorporated and obtained the tax exemptions for HCLA and continued to serve as president for the first six years. In 2009 and 2010 she served as Dean.)
- MEMBER AND VICE CHAIR OF THE CONNER PRAIRIE BOARD OF DIRECTORS – MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE PLACE, INC. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- MEMBER AND FORMER DIRECTOR AND OFFICER OF THE CARMEL CLAY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC.
- FORMER MEMBER OF THE NORTH ADVISORY BOARD, UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL INDIANA
- FORMER DIRECTOR AND OFFICER OF THE CARMEL CLAY EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC.
- FORMER PRO BONO LEGAL COUNSEL FOR THE CARMEL HIGH SCHOOL VOCATIONAL BUILDING TRADES CORPORATION FOR 25 YEARS
- FORMER PRO BONO LEGAL COUNSEL FOR THE CARMEL SESQUICENTENNIAL COMMISSION, INC.
- NAMED AN IBJ WOMAN OF INFLUENCE BY THE, 2011; AWARDED THE HAMILTON COUNTY DISTINGUISHED PUBLIC SAFETY AWARD BY DOUG CARTER; RECEIVED DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARDS BY THE CARMEL-CLAY JAYCEES, HABITAT FOR HUMANITY AND SALVATION ARMY.